Our Lodge; is situated on the Cape Peninsula at No. 6 Phoenix Way, Glen Cairn, just before Simons Town. We meet once a month on the evening of the second Monday for approximately four hours. Our meetings are split into two sections, that of business and then of social interaction
The Lodge has a proud history, for well over a century, of charity and goodwill between men. It is a sanctuary from our hectic lives where men may contemplate their own personal conscience in an environment of harmony. It almost sounds as though we are religious but we are most certainly not and have members of many different faiths. In fact a discussion of politics and religion is forbidden.
- We will transcend all that might cause a division among us.
- To never let our egos interrupt the peace and harmony of our Lodge, but intent on communicating happiness at all times.
- By treating every brother as equal, impartially with tolerance and humility, as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- By making all our visitors feel Phoenix Lodge is there home too.
- By silently and alone shed a tear for the failing of a brother.
- To maintain our usage and customs to a standard that will make our home attractive.
- To live our lives by the lessons and integrity we learn in our Lodge.